Moving Fort Howard Hospital
After Fort Howard closed, many of the buildings were moved or replaced and some were torn down. The hospital was moved to the corner of Chestnut and Kellogg Streets and used as a private residence. In 1931, it was sold to the city of Green Bay and was used for many years as a museum. This photograph from 1975 shows the hospital being moved one last time. It was floated up the Fox River to Heritage Hill.