Judge Lawe's Mansion
This photo shows Judge John Lawe’s mansion, which stood at the end of Porlier and Adams Street. Lawe was originally a fur trader, devoting his time and interests to furthering the industry. He later succeeded Judge Porlier in the office of chief justice and judge of probate. His home was built in 1836 and was later owned by the Grignon family. It was destroyed by fire in 1901.