Ansgar Hall and Junction Hotel
Both structures were located at the intersection of West Mason and Broadway streets and were well known land marks for many years. Ansgar Hall was built several years before this 1893 photograph and was a well-patronized social center and community hall for the influx of Danish settlers. The Junction Hotel was so named because it stood at the junction of the Chicago and Northwestern and Green Bay & Western railroads. Ansgar Hall was razed in 1956 and the hotel in 1961.
The Otto Stiller Collection of the Neville Public Museum of Brown County