Mrs. Albert Davreaux and Albert Jr. sit in a cutter in front of the Commercial Hotel, ca. 1900. Located at 101 -103 North Broadway, the Commercial Hotel began as the Whitney House in 1871. The name changed in the 1880s, but the building operated continuously as a hotel until 1958. Later in the century, the hotel and its street level shops were demolished.