A horse waits while its owner relaxes in the Hagemeister Park picnic grove, ca. 1912. Hagemeister Park's pine grove was a popular picnic location until the trees began to die during the summer of 1915. Within a few years, the site of the grove and the park's clubhouse was chosen for Green Bay East's new high school. The remaining trees were removed to provide space for what became an athletic field and City Stadium. The remaining portion of Hagemeister Park was renamed Joannes Park.
Photo # 6209.56.