Jean Nicolet Statue
The statue commemorating Jean Nicolet's landing at Red Banks was created by Sidney Bedore. Commissioned in 1939 by the state Nicolet Memorial Commission, the landmark was dedicated June 3, 1951 near Red Banks on Highway 57. It was moved to its present location at Wequiock Falls County Park in 2009. Bedore also created "The Spirit of the Northwest" statue which stands on the Brown County Courthouse lawn.