St. Vincent Hospital
In 1888 St. Vincent Hospital was opened by 4 Sisters from the Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis in Springfield, Mo. Located in a house on Quincy St. the first hospital had limited equipment and only 4 beds. A new home for the hospital was built on South Webster St. in 1895 and the building in this image was built in 1957 with room for 437 beds.
Date: Dec. 16th, 1957