St. Vincent Hospital
Taken on November 25th, 1959, this image shows the construction of a new addition for St. Vincent Hospital. More additions were later added to the hospital. The Intensive Care Unit opened with the addition of a seven-story tower in 1969. This addition brought the opening of the Newborn Intensive Care Unit, the first resource of its kind for critically ill newborns in the area. Another addition was done to the north side of the hospital in 1975. This provided much needed space for the hospital and included the Regional Perinatal Center.
Date: Nov. 25th, 1959