Neville Public Museum of Brown County | Neon: Darkness Electrified | Mayfair Lounge Fire


Mayfair Lounge Fire

On the morning of December 8th, 1953 the inside of the Mayfair Lounge at 225 Pine Street started on fire. The fire was speculated to have been caused by faulty wiring in Christmas lights that decorated the lounge. The fire not only destroyed the lounge but also caused extensive damages to the apartments above in both smoke and water damage. This photo shows the efforts of Green Bay�s fire department to put out the fire.

Date:1953

Photo #18.1988.1643
Mayfair Lounge Fire