This 1960s photograph was taken from the shore of the old yacht club. Green Bay has had a yacht club dating back to 1872. However, the current yacht club came into existence around 1935 when a group of local boaters decided that they wanted a yacht harbor for small yachts and boats. The Green Bay Yacht Club Inc. was incorporated on July 16th, 1935. In the early days, the club also sponsored both the boy and girl Sea Scouts. As of 2015, the club has had 60 Commodores and three club houses.