Joe Tilly stands behind the bar at DuChateau's Saloon, ca. 1907. Located at the southeast corner of Broadway and Dousman Streets, the DuChateau Saloon sold liquor owned by a wholesale liquor distributor, the A. DuChateau Company. The company was established in 1869 by Abelard DuChateau, who operated it until his death in 1889. After Abelard's death, his son Frank J. B. became president and general manager at the company's incorporation in 1906. His brother, Arthur H., became secretary and treasurer, and his other brother, William, ran the saloon. The building continues to house a saloon that embraces much of the original look of the DuChateau's bar.