Green Bay 1893
Map of Green Bay and Fort Howard, ca. 1893. Since its inception, the City of Green Bay has grown through a series of consolidations between towns. This included the joining of the towns of Navarino and Astor on the east side of the Fox River in 1838 to form the borough of Green Bay. An 1895 annexation to the city added the town of Fort Howard on the west side of the river. Later, a series of consolidations of portions of the towns of Hobart, Preble, Bellevue and Scott in the 20th century resulted in city limits that now encompass more than 29,000 acres.