Fort Howard Paper Company
This 1966 photograph is an aerial view of Fort Howard Paper Company, located at 1919 South Broadway Street. Started by Austin E. Cofrin in February, 1919 the company began Paper production January, 1920. Acquired by James River Corporation in 1997, the paper mill merged with Georgia Pacific in 2000. Today the company has grown to be one of the largest tissue manufacturers in the United States.