The Strand Theater
The Strand Theatre was opened May 7, 1921 and was located at 105 S. Washington Street. An article in the May 21 publication of The Moving Picture World stated that the theater had a seating capacity of approximately 1,000 and that the original color scheme was contained rose, crimson, and gold. The article also stated that the stage was twelve feet deep, eighteen high , and twenty-four wide. The theater was operated by Standards Theater chain from the 40s until the 50s.