M. J. Corbett Grocery
Employees of the Corbett Grocery stand outside of the grocery, located at 212 -214 Main Street in the city of Fort Howard, ca. 1880. Main Street, later known as West Walnut, was a main thoroughfare in the city and an important part of a business district that also included Broadway Street. However, the business district on the west side of the Fox River never did rival that of Green Bay. Fourteen years after Ft. Howard was platted, Green Bay built a bridge over the river, bringing business to their city and leaving much of Fort Howard as an industrial center.
Photo # 26.1989.168.