Perry Centennial

On August 15, 1913, local residents congregated in downtown Green Bay for the Perry Centennial Parade. The parade was part of the activities to celebrate the anniversary of Commodore Perry’s Lake Erie naval victory over the British in the War of 1812. In addition to the parade, visitors had the opportunity to board Perry’s reconstructed flagship the Niagara moored at the foot of Pine Street. At the center of the photograph is the Bijou Theater, located in the 300 block of North Washington Street.

Photo #26_1989_124
Perry Centennial