Sisters of the Order of Misericorde at St. Mary's hospital skate on the new skating rink on hospital grounds, February 6, 1963. In 1903, 13 sisters from the Congregation of the Sisters of Misericorde established a general hospital on the corner of Webster Avenue and Crooks Street in Green Bay. This hospital served the east side until 1960 when the Bishop of Green Bay, The Most Reverend Stanislaus Vincent Bona, requested that the hospital relocate to the westside. The new building was located on a large parcel of land on Shawano Avenue, allowing room for a larger building and grounds. The
Photo PG - St. Mary's Hospital, 2/6/63, f20.